Student Service Program
During each of the four years at Venango Catholic High School, all students are required to perform a minimum of 25 hours of service per year, and to write a summarization paper after completion of those hours. The hours are non-cumulative per year and must be direct hours of service for the church, school, or community.
To count as service hours, activities must meet the following criteria:
- The student must not receive any payment, monetary or otherwise, for any hours worked.
- Hours that are part of a students normal chores, such as those normally required around the house, do not count.
- Hours that are part of a court sentence or are mandated as a form of punishment or restitution do not count.
- The hours must be recorded on a service project form and signed by the adult who was present at the place where the service was performed.
- The completed service hours form must be turned in to each studentís academic advisor by no later than the date stated on the form.
- Service hours completed as part of a parish confirmation program may be applied to the service program here at VCHS.
- Hours must be served in all three areas of church, school, and community.
- Fifteen hours must be completed by mid-January. The remaining 10 hours (25 total) plus the summarization paper must be completed by the end of March.